Berry Pawpsicles: Perfect For The Cool Pooch In Your Life!
If you have a beloved pup in your life, you know how tough summertime can be on our four-legged friends.
After all, the heat waves and muggy nights are tough on ordinary people, so just imagine how much worse it is for furry dogsthat dont know how to work the A/C!
Fortunately, there are dozens of clever ways you can help your pup beat the heat this summer, no opposable thumbs required. So far this summer, weve already made some chilled treats, and a truly awesome cool-down blanket with built-in pockets for ice packs.
Our latest DIY trick for keeping our canine companions cool? Frozen Berry Pawpsicles, which are a delicious, healthy treat option for the deepest dog days of July and August!
These tasty treats feature real fruit and healthy Greek yogurt, with just a hint of honey to sweeten. Your pup will love them, and you might even be tempted to take a bite or two yourself.
Not to worry, these are perfectly edible for humans, too!
Watch the video below and print out the recipe below to dish these up for your lucky dog!
- 1 to 2 cups of blueberries
- 1 to 2 cups of plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. of honey
- Sliced strawberries
- Pulse blueberries in the blender until liquid.
- Pour blended berries into the novelty ice tray, filling about halfway.
- Freeze blueberry blend for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse yogurt and honey in the blender until fully mixed.
- Remove tray from the freezer, and dollop yogurt mix on top of frozen blueberries.
- Spread yogurt evenly across, and top with a thin slice of strawberry.
- Freeze treats overnight.
- Serve to your pup, and enjoy the paw-sitively thrilled reaction!