33 Ways Spray Paint Can Make Your Stuff Look More Expensive
It’s basically the Midas touch in a can.
1. Your fridge just got classier with these gold spray painted magnetic alphabet letters.
2. Easiest winter decor ever: give dead branches new life with gold spray paint.
All that glitters IS gold.
3. Save tons of money on a new faucet by just spray painting the one that you have.
See how they did this here.
5. Christmas lights don’t have to be relegated to the holidays if you paint them gold.
Your mantel will now look straight out of a chilled-out Scandinavian home.
7. Cover up that gross patio furniture mildew by spray painting DIRECTLY ONTO THE FABRIC.
9. Or spray paint PVC pipe to create a seamless, custom curtain rod system.
See how she did this here.
10. Baby’s breath doesn’t have to look like the cheapest flower option.
You can spray paint directly onto the flowers!
13. Make those old vents and floor registers look like new again.
14. Give your winter galoshes an update.
Just use stencils or tape and spray on.
15. Gold spray paint + straws + string = easiest party bunting.
16. Make mirror orbs for your yard by spraying them with looking glass paint — your garden will look bigger.
Mirror, mirror on the ball. Directions here.
17. Create large, lovely planters by spray painting cheap plastic garbage cans.
Get the details here.
18. Make your patio furniture less boring by spraying it any color you want.
Black wrought iron is just so zzzzz. Get the directions here.
19. Turn dollar store locker baskets into Restoration Hardware-esque industrial baskets with a coat of gray spray paint.
Get the directions and spray paint brand here.
20. Cheap rubber mats can look downright joyful and welcoming with a bright coat of spray paint.
21. Best idea ever: spray paint measuring tape and use it instead as a growth chart for the kids.
This brilliant concept brought to you by Variations On Normal.
22. Rustoleum makes your outlets look less plastic-y.
They sell these outlet covers for like, $12 apiece at Restoration Hardware. You can now get the look for free.
23. Make any cheap-looking brass fixtures look like oil rubbed bronze.
Your dated ceiling fan can now get the makeover it so deserves. Directions here.
24. Make your vases and lamps look like mercury glass by spritzing with water, and then doing a coat of Krylon Looking Glass spray paint.
Get the full directions here.
Hack! Stick those knobs into the bottom of a styrofoam egg carton before spraying.
Now you can get all 360° of each knob in one go.
27. Make your wicker basket a little less traditional with metal spray paint.
See how she did this here.
28. Do the same with one of those cheap IKEA trash bins.
Check out the transformation here.
29. Spray paint DIRECTLY ONTO LEATHER.
Mind blown. See how it’s done.
30. Transform an ENTIRE dresser.
I promise your hand will be way less tired than brush-painting. See how they did this here.
31. Make wind stakes to pretty up the garden.
They’re just ping pong balls strung onto wire stakes and sprayed with looking glass paint.
32. Spray paint a plant hanger, turn it on its side, and use it as a curtain hook.
Get the tutorial here.
33. Fake a mirrored top.
Looking glass spray paint is now officially the best thing that’s ever happened to you. Get the tutorial here.